Tuesday, November 11, 2008

viva las vegas for good.... well not completely....


So I got a job offer back in Henderson. It's for a social worker at a 244 bed skilled nursing facility. I just can't pass it up, it's literally less than a mile from our house there so I kind of have that "it's meant to be" feeling about it. It's like my last job but a lot better because I won't be the only licensed social worker and I don't have to drive 80 miles one way to be there. The hours are better, 7-3:30pm. Since we still have our dawn crossing house and there's no possible way of selling it for any kind of profit right now, and the rental competition is strong we made the decision to move back. It just doesn't make any sense to pay the mortgage on a house that's just sitting empty.


With that being said, when the market turns around and we sell our house... because we are eventually going to out grow it ;)... We'll decide at that point whether we want to give it another go.


Going back to work is definitely bitter/sweet. On one hand, I love being home with Gracie on the other hand, it just seems like it's a much better fit for me to go to work. Plus my hours are a good fit for me to rush home and have time with her before bed, oh and I can come home for lunch too!




1 comment:

Kristin said...

Meghan!!!! I am so happy for you to have gotten a job that it sounds like you are excited about -but it was just nice knowing that you were here and we would see you at the Grunwald events!!! Keep us posted!